Sunday, October 16, 2011
Operation Get this Kid OUT
I'm planning my attack for Wednesday. I'm going to try to convince Dr. Dulaney to induce me on Monday the 24th. I'll either be 39 or 40 weeks...39 at the least. She said that once the baby reaches 39 weeks, he won't get any more ready or mature. I don't see any reason to wait...especially since everyday that passes, I seem to get more neurotic and antsy. I want him out NOW while he's still doing okay. I don't want to wait until he starts showing signs that he's not 100% happy. He's ready, I can feel it in my momma bones. I know at the end of pregnancy, most women are just ready to be done. Yeah, I'm tired of being pregnant, tired of the uncomfortable sleep, tired of the weepy, dramatic fits I've been having lately. But more than that, I'm just ready to know he's safe on the outside. I don't want to wait for something to go wrong. I know that's such a negative way to think. I'm not stressed about labor...I'm stressed about NOT being in labor. I think I'll do fine...I'm still hoping for as natural of a labor as I can have, but I'm prepared for whatever I need to do to get this kiddo safely out into the world in one pink, squirmy piece. I need to hold him and smell his head. I need to see his Daddy hold him and to see the joy and relief on his Daddy's face. I think I'm pretty convincing...hopefully Dr. Dulaney will agree. I'm fully prepared for her to say no, and I do trust her and her instincts. Not gonna stop me from trying though!